10 November 2009

the other child....

is now on board with my/Our upcoming wedding....
why is this such a big deal for me?
because, as sweet and wonderful as my daughter is, she's hugely homophobic...
she's had issues with me, her lesbian mom here, since my coming out several years ago
but, in short, she's happy for both M and i
she really likes M a lot (thankfully)
i guess i should thank my son for that one...
he's been Our biggest cheerleader and supporter
who would have thought?
lol
seems he smoothed the path for me to tell my daughter
and invite her to do up Our invitations because she's fabulously artistic
so far, the wedding will have all/most of M's family units and her closest friends T & F, and now both my son & daughter and my best friend L.

next hurdles:
1. tell my mom/stepdad
2. tell M's ex gf (as they're both still friends)

two very tough hurdles
why?
hmmmm,
1. although my mom/stepdad are cool and understanding of M "being different", apparently, according to my mom, my stepdad has not accepted me "being different"..W T F???? after this many years???

2. the ex gf is a sensitive and kind person whose been through a lot of pain in her life already, including the breakup between her and M and now M and i being/living together....it's going to be real difficult for her to deal with Us getting married now too...especially so soon into hooking up with each other

it's going to get quite interesting in the next little while....

No comments:

Post a Comment