23 February 2010

Tuesday, 23 Feb 10

omg…She’s got me snacking on fruit & peanut butter in place of the usual chocolate bar, bag of M & M’s (yes, BAG!), cookies (with my tea, of course – which is now more herbal than orange pekoe), Hostess cupcakes….well, you know what i’m talkin’ ‘bout.

the realization just hit me as i’m sitting here at work, almost 13:00 hrs into my day and i’m slicing up an apple and dribbling honey & peanut butter on the slices, ….holy shit, my body is going to freakrightout or go into some mode of healthy-food-intake-shock :-)

it’s not that i (or my kids) ate unhealthy before but i did realize the accumulation of recent months, actually years, of stress had put me back on the junk food circuit where i was happily chomping down on all stuff that tasted oh-so-fine but was majorily BAD for my lovely curves. curves that are now approaching their ½ a century mark soon and won’t shed any excess Michelin-man fat rings so easily anymore.

since Her loveliness has moved Herself into our lives – my only-child-left-at-home-now son and i – there’s been a subtle but ever-so-healthy change in eating habits. old habits die hard and the junkie urges still hit me but i’m getting better at resisting them. our family dinners consist of HUGE amounts of veggies, lean meats and lower carbage intake….especially for still-growing-Green-Giant teenage boy who practically cannot breathe without his rice or pasta. but he, too, is showing the positive results of his soon-to-be-step-mommie’s cooking efforts! his own 12 pack might just be down to an 8 pack now. lol

so, it is with sadness, and a surprising lack of chocolate-bar craving, that i slowly savour the last slice of apple with pb&honey, clean my knife, close the lids on the jars and throw away the napkin it all had a marvellous food-orgy on.

bon appetite, mes amis!

muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment